Online Edition
Friday, March 27, 2015

space heaters

Cigarette ruled cause of fatal fire

A lit cigarette is the likely cause of a house fire that claimed the life of Oxford resident William Earl Williams on Monday afternoon. (February 18, 2015, Page 2A)

Share this Oxford Eagle story.

    Cool temps bring risks

    Severe weather, tornadoes and an increase in house fires can be possible during the fall and winter months in Lafayette County. (October 25, 2011, Page 1)

    Share this Oxford Eagle story.

      Keep safe, warm in big chill

      With 8 inches of snow in Lafayette County, many children, and even adults, spent their day Monday playing in the snow, followed by getting warm by a fireplace or space heater.

      Fortunately, their memories will remain good ones.

      A National Fire Protection Association report shows 73 percent of home heating fire deaths can be attributed to space heaters and other alternate heating sources. (January 11, 2011, Page 1)

      Share this Oxford Eagle story.

        The Highlands, A Private Lake Community REMAX Legacy Realty