Online Edition
Friday, December 19, 2014

Oxford Fire Department

Storm damage reported

Heavy rains, high winds and lots of cloud-to-ground lightning wrecked havoc on some parts of Oxford Saturday afternoon. The storm, which blew into town around 3 p.m., toppled a few trees and caused a few power outages in the community, Oxford Emergency Management Coordinator Jimmy Allgood said. (June 28, 2010, Page 1)

Share this Oxford Eagle story.

    Being prepared for the worst

    Each time a police officer or firefighter responds to a call, there’s a risk they may not return home to their families that day.
    Everyone of them know the risk and still choose to spend their lives saving and protecting others.
    Several Oxford lawyers will be making sure all first-responder’s families are also protected in the event of their loved-ones death. (June 10, 2010, Page 1)

    Share this Oxford Eagle story.

      Kids learn fire safety

      The Oxford Fire Department is accepting applications for its summer Fire Academy where kids will learn what it’s like to be a firefighter.
      The five-day academy will be for children 6 to 12 years old and will be held from 9 a.m. to noon, June 26-30 at Fire Station No. 4 on Mall Drive. (May 6, 2010, Page 2)

      Share this Oxford Eagle story.

        Property owners put up $9K reward

        The owners of The Gin, that burned down Saturday night, are offering $9,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved with the fire. (March 12, 2010, Page 2A)

        Share this Oxford Eagle story.

          Gin fire ruled suspicious

          Fire marshals with the state of Mississippi and Oxford Fire Department have ruled the fire that ravaged the former popular night spot The Gin over the weekend was suspicious in nature — although there’s not enough evidence to rule it arson. (March 11, 2010, Page 2A)

          Share this Oxford Eagle story.

            Fire rips through old Gin

            Oxford firefighters battled a blaze that ripped through The Gin Saturday night.

            Customers at Frank and Marlee’s Restaurant and Piano Bar smelled smoke at about 9:15 p.m. Soon, flames began to shoot out of The Gin, which is adjacent to Frank and Marlee’s just off the Square. The two establishments shared a common wood patio up until Thursday, according to co-owner Erin Smith.

            (more…) (March 8, 2010, Page 1A)

            Share this Oxford Eagle story.

              Stove possible cause of afternoon fire

              Food left cooking on the stove may be the cause of a kitchen fire Monday afternoon at Anderson Walk Apartments. The fire broke out at about 3 p.m. in an upstairs apartment in one of the complex’s quad-units. Neighbors heard the smoke-detector alarms and saw smoke coming from the apartment, said landlord Teresa Whitehead. (February 23, 2010, Page 1)

              Share this Oxford Eagle story.

                Extinguished

                PHOTOS — Oxford firemen responded to a house fire on Molly Bar Cove on Monday. (February 2, 2010, Page 1)

                Share this Oxford Eagle story.

                   Page 5 of 5 « 1  2  3  4  5 
                  REMAX Legacy Realty E-subscribe-baseball