Online Edition
Thursday, September 18, 2014

National Fire Protection Association

Keep safe, warm in big chill

With 8 inches of snow in Lafayette County, many children, and even adults, spent their day Monday playing in the snow, followed by getting warm by a fireplace or space heater.

Fortunately, their memories will remain good ones.

A National Fire Protection Association report shows 73 percent of home heating fire deaths can be attributed to space heaters and other alternate heating sources. (January 11, 2011, Page 1)

Share this Oxford Eagle story.

    First National Bank