- Joan M. Bowen , 85, died today at her home in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home in Oxford.
- Lewis Charles Fortinberry, 70, died Friday, July 5, 2013, at his residence in Courtland. A memorial service will be held at the home of his niece, Tara Adams Shedd, in Batesville at 11 a.m. Tuesday. Coleman Funeral Home is in charge of local arrangements.
- Sylvia Carpenter Graham, 58, died Friday, July 5, 2013, at her home in Water Valley. Visitation will be from 2 to 3 p.m. today at Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley with services following at 3 in the Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks with the Rev. Ray Branch officiating. Burial follows at the Church Grove Cemetery in Lafayette County.
- L.C. Jenkins, died Sunday, July 7, 2013, in Batesville as the result of an automobile accident. Arrangements are incomplete with Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc.
- Bradley Dean Martin, 77, died Thursday, July 4, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services were held Saturday at Seven Oaks with Bro. Charles Keel officiating. Burial followed in the Mt. Liberty Cemetery in Calhoun County.
(July 8, 2013, Page 2)
- SUZANNE LAMAR ANDERSON – 68, died Tuesday, July 24, 2012. A private family burial will be in the Oxford Memorial Park Cemetery. Members of The Fountain Church of Oxford invite her friends and family to a celebration of her life and Christian witness Sunday at 10:30 a.m. at 1308 N. Lamar Blvd., Suite 3. All are welcome.
- THOMAS JAMES BULIAN – 75, died Monday, July 23, 2012, at his home in Oxford. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with Father Joe Tonos officiating. Burial will follow in the Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service at the funeral home.
- AMANDA SUE ENLOW SPENCE – 68, died Thursday, July 19, 2012, at her home in Abbeville. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Faith Baptist Church, with the Rev. Gregory Davis officiating. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service at the church. Waller Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
- JEANETTE WILLIS WATSON – 57, died Tuesday, July 24, 2012, at Graceland Care Center in New Albany. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, at Pontotoc Second Baptist Church with the Rev. Johnathan Tucker officiating. Burial will be in the Pontotoc City Cemetery. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements. Visitation will be from Saturday at the funeral home from noon to 7 p.m. with the family present from 6 to 7 p.m.
(July 27, 2012, Page 2A)
- William Van Brewer — 93, died today at his residence in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home.
- William Montgomery Champion — 78, died Friday, March 12, 2010. Services were held this morning at Oxford-University United Methodist Church. Burial followed in Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Waller Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
- Kenneth Galmore — 39, died Tuesday, March 9, 2010. Services were held Saturday at the New Hope M.B. Church in Batesville. Burial followed at New Hope Cemetery. Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of arrangements.
- Leonard “Doc” William Jenkins — 99, died Sunday, March 14, 2010. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Waller Funeral Home Chapel. A Private graveside will follow in Pine Crest Memorial Gardens. Visitation will be Wednesday one hour prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Mildred McGhee Quarles — 79, died Saturday at her residence. Arrangements are incomplete with Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc.
- Patti Joy Sullivan Scott — 63, died Saturday, March 13, 2010. Services will be held at noon Tuesday at Waller Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery in Memphis. Visitation will be held two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Alta Mae East Welch — 90, died Saturday, March 13, 2010. Services will be held Thursday at 11 a.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church in Oxford. Burial will follow in the Shiloh Cemetery, CR 429, Oxford. Visitation will be held Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at Coleman Funeral Home and one hour prior to the service at the church on Thursday.
(March 15, 2010, Page 2)