Curtis Wayne Dennis — 71, died Monday, March 9, 2015, at his home in Water Valley after a long battle with cancer. Funeral services will be held in the Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks at 10 a.m. Saturday with Bro. Dan Dickerson and Bro. Bennie Turnage officiating. Burial will be in the Anchor Cemetery in Yalobusha County. Visitation will be held Friday from 5-7 p.m. at Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley.
Mark Lofton — died Tuesday, March 10, 2015, at North Miss. Medical Center in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home.
Vera Smith Maples — 88, died Wednesday, March 11, 2015, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home.
Mildred Groner Wilder McKinney — 85, died Sunday, March 8, 2015, at Tupelo Nursing and Rehab following an extended illness. A celebration of her life is today at 2 p.m. in the Tupelo Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors. Private burial will follow in Verona City Cemetery. Visitation will be today from noon to service time. Holland Funeral Directors Tupelo Chapel is entrusted with arrangements.
Thomas Anthony McVeigh — 47, died Tuesday, March 10, 2015, at his home in Olive Branch. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home.
Carolyn Boyd Redmond — 49, died Tuesday, March 10, 2015, at Baptist Memorial Hospital North Mississippi in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc.
Roy Frank Smith — 91, of Harmontown, died Friday, March 7, 2015, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Southaven. Funeral arrangements with Coleman Funeral Home are incomplete at this time. (March 11, 2015, Page 3)
- DONALD PAUL “DUCK” BYFORD — 59, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Graveside services were held Sunday at Harbour Church Cemetery in Coffeeville. Seven Oaks Funeral Home of Water Valley was in charge of arrangements.
- JOSIE KIMMONS — 67, died this morning at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Miss in Oxford. Funeral services are incomplete at this time with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home.
- BYRON E. SNEED — 88, died Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo after a brief illness. A celebration of life service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Harrisburg Baptist Church with Dr. Forrest Sheffield and Rev. David Langerfeld officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be today from 5 to 7 p.m. at Holland Funeral Directors Tupelo Chapel.
- James Edward Cool Jr. – 71, died Saturday at his residence in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford in charge.
- Eva Ellzy – 94, died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at Tri-Lakes Medical Center in Batesville. Services were held Saturday at the Wells Funeral Home Chapel in Batesville, with the Rev. Jay Anderson officiating. Burial followed in Oxford Memorial Cemetery.
- Anna Savage Phillips Russell – 70, died Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 this afternoon at the Waller Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with the Rev. Gene Bramlett officiating. Burial will follow in Pine Flat Cemetery.
- Ruth Dale Allen Sneed – 83, died Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her residence in Belden. Services were held this morning at Harrisburg Baptist Church, with the Rev. David Langerfeld, Dr. Forrest Sheffield and the Rev. David Smith officiating. Burial followed in Lee Memorial Park. Holland Funeral Directors, Tupelo Chapel, was in charge of the arrangements.
- Elmar Lee Summar – 85, died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services were held Saturday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with Bro. Randy Hope officiating.
- Jimmy Wortham – 60, died Saturday at his residence in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home in Oxford.