- DONALD PAUL “DUCK” BYFORD — 59, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Graveside services were held Sunday at Harbour Church Cemetery in Coffeeville. Seven Oaks Funeral Home of Water Valley was in charge of arrangements.
- JOSIE KIMMONS — 67, died this morning at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Miss in Oxford. Funeral services are incomplete at this time with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home.
- BYRON E. SNEED — 88, died Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo after a brief illness. A celebration of life service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Harrisburg Baptist Church with Dr. Forrest Sheffield and Rev. David Langerfeld officiating. Burial with military honors will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be today from 5 to 7 p.m. at Holland Funeral Directors Tupelo Chapel.
(December 23, 2013, Page 2)
- James Edward Cool Jr. – 71, died Saturday at his residence in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford in charge.
- Eva Ellzy – 94, died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at Tri-Lakes Medical Center in Batesville. Services were held Saturday at the Wells Funeral Home Chapel in Batesville, with the Rev. Jay Anderson officiating. Burial followed in Oxford Memorial Cemetery.
- Anna Savage Phillips Russell – 70, died Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 this afternoon at the Waller Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with the Rev. Gene Bramlett officiating. Burial will follow in Pine Flat Cemetery.
- Ruth Dale Allen Sneed – 83, died Friday, Jan. 4, 2013, at her residence in Belden. Services were held this morning at Harrisburg Baptist Church, with the Rev. David Langerfeld, Dr. Forrest Sheffield and the Rev. David Smith officiating. Burial followed in Lee Memorial Park. Holland Funeral Directors, Tupelo Chapel, was in charge of the arrangements.
- Elmar Lee Summar – 85, died Thursday, Jan. 3, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services were held Saturday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with Bro. Randy Hope officiating.
- Jimmy Wortham – 60, died Saturday at his residence in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home in Oxford.
(January 7, 2013, Page 2A)