- Roger Bynum — 64, died Friday, Nov. 21, 2014, at his home in Oxford. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at First Baptist Church of Oxford. Burial will follow in Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held for two hours prior to the service at the church. Waller Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
- James P. “Skip” Lewis — 65, died Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014. Graveside services with military honors will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at Mount Liberty Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 this evening at Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley.
- Joe E. Martin — 86, died Friday at Oxford Health and Rehab. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges Funeral Home in Oxford.
- Eugene McGee — 65, died Friday at his residence in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford.
- G.W. Miller — 86, died Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014, at NHC in Columbia. A memorial service was held on Oct. 15 at Williams Funeral Home in Columbia, Tenn.
(November 23, 2014, Page 3A)
- Sylvia Jean Gay Busby — 64, died Monday, Aug. 27, 2012, at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home in Oxford. Burial will follow in Shiloh Baptist Church Cemetery. Visitation will be from 4 until 7 this evening at the funeral home.
- Johnny Goolsby — 72, formerly of Oxford, died this morning at Trinity Mission Health and Rehab of Holly Springs. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home of Oxford.
- James Michael Hawkins — 58, died Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012, at Baptist Hospital-East in Memphis. Services will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford.
- James Cal Mayo — 77, died on Monday, Aug. 27, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Nowell-Massey Funeral Home in Louisville, following a private family burial service.
- Mabel Arthur Southerland — 94, died Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012, at Southeast Alabama Medical Center in Dothan, Ala. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the First Baptist Church in Graceville, Fla. Burial will follow in Marvin Chapel Cemetery. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the church. Williams Funeral Home of Graceville is in charge of the arrangements.
(August 28, 2012, Page 2)