- Marie Trusty Axelrod — 97, died Sunday at the Yalobusha County Hospital in Water Valley. Arrangements are incomplete with Seven Oaks Funeral Home of Water Valley.
- Ava Evelyn Hardin Bonds — 68, died Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012, at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church in Oxford, with the Rev. Eric Hankins, the Rev. Robert Allen, the Rev. Barry Sneed and the Rev. David Taylor officiating. Burial will follow in Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 2 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Waller Funeral Home in Oxford.
- Clarice Muirhead Campbell — 85, died Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services were held Friday in the Henry Chapel of the Seven Oaks Funeral Home, with Dr. Thad Moore and Bro. Truman Scarborough officiating.
- Dr. Gerre Hopkins — 82, died Friday, Oct. 19, 2012, at the Mississippi State Veterans Home in Oxford. Visitation will be from 4 until 7 this evening at Waller Funeral Home. A private family graveside service will follow on Tuesday at St. Peter’s Cemetery, with Dr. Donald Elliott officiating.
- Gerald “Jerry” Mauldin — 64, died Friday, Oct. 19, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis. Service will be held at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the Waller Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with the Rev. Robert Allen officiating. Visitation will be held for two hours prior to the service.
- James E. Purvis — 75, died Sunday at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Alton Franklin Webb — 73, died Monday, Oct. 15, 2012. Burial and graveside services were held at Eatonton Memorial Gardens, with the Rev. James Smith of Wesley Chapel Church officiating. Vining Ivy Hill Chapel was in charge of the arrangements.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015