- Veda Willis Brown — 54, died Friday, Nov. 22, 2013, at the Yalobusha County Nursing Home in Water Valley. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Mt. Grove M.B. Church in Coffeeville. Burial will follow in the Church of God Cemetery in Coffeeville. Visitation will be held for an hour and a half prior to the service at the church. Serenity-Daniels Funeral Home of Water Valley is in charge of arrangements.
(November 28, 2013, Page 2A)
- Veda Brown — died this morning at the Yalobusha County Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete with the Serenity-Daniels Funeral Home of Water Valley.
- Betty Riley Hall — 63, died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at her home in Water Valley. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday in the Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley. Burial will follow in the Pine Grove Church Cemetery. The repast will be held at the Sanders Chapel Gymnasium in Water Valley. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
- Cornelius “Joe” Marion — 65, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2013, at his residence in Abbeville. Services will be held at noon Saturday at Philadelphia MB Church. Burial will follow in Providence UM Church Cemetery in Abbeville. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
- Frank James Misek — 90, died Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013, at his home in Oxford. A private memorial service will be held at a later date. Coleman Funeral Home in Oxford was in charge of local arrangements.
- Steven Ray Nickell — 41, died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013. A memorial service will be planned for a later date. Waller Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of arrangements.
- Clinton Earl “Smitty” Smith — 65, died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at his home near Oxford. A “Scattering of the Ashes” ceremony will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at 36 CR 494, Oxford. Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of local arrangements.
(November 22, 2013, Page 2A)
- Malcolm Wayne Driver Sr. — 71, died Tuesday, May 21, 2013, in Greenwood. Services were held Monday at the Serenity-Martin Funeral Home in Oxford.
- Jimmy Lee Moore — 63, died Monday, May 27, 2013, at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Serenity-Daniels Funeral Home Chapel in Water Valley.
- Thomas Brett Pugh — 51, died Sunday, May 26, 2013, in Quitman County. Services were held this morning at Wells Funeral Home in Batesville. A private burial followed in the Ashland Cemetery.
(May 29, 2013, Page 2)