- Oxford High School theater department will stage “Almost, Maine” as the annual Kayla Sue Mize fundraiser this Friday-Sunday.
- Walking Wednesdays continue
- Green innovation forum set for Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Overby Center
- Lafayette High School class of 1970 will host its 40th class reunion on Memorial Day Weekend
- Robyn Thweatt of Oxford was named to the Northwest Mississippi Community College cheer squad
- The Summer Coin program is taking applications for students aged 14-21 for their summer work program.
- Oxford High School band recently returned from a four-day trip to Washington, D.C.
The Lafayette Agriculture Education/FFA plant sale will be held from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Lafayette High School Agriculture Department greenhouse. After Saturday, the greenhouse will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (April 5, 2010)
A CONVERSATION WITH – Willie Dennis has been taking care of Oxford Memorial Cemetery for 20 years. The job includes keeping the cemetery mowed, groomed and litter-free — and giving grieving families plenty of space and peace while the day’s work goes on. (April 1, 2010, Page 3)
After advancing through two phases of competition, Lafayette High School’s AFJROTC academic team composed of Tyler Sparks, Arnissa Tyson, Victoria Miller, Janet Giron’Legarda, Reese Mardis and Alexandria Bowman will compete in the final championship round of The College Options Foundation’s 2010 Air Force JROTC Academic Bowl in Washington at Bolling Air Force Base, April 23-26. (March 16, 2010, Page 4B)
PHOTOS — Lafayette High School hosted a Career Day on Wednesday. (March 2, 2010, Page 7)
OXFORD GENERATIONS — The Lafayette School District may be facing budget cuts, but the drama program at Lafayette High School should be spared from the cutting block for the sake of students’ personal growth and development. LHS junior Lainey Mays makes the case based on her own experience in Drama Club. (February 26, 2010, Page 1B)
Lafayette High School and Oxford Middle School announced their latest honor rolls. (February 23, 2010, Page 6)