- Earl “Poppie” Jones — 84, died Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014, at his home in Oxford. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home in Oxford, with the Rev. Freddie Buchanan officiating. Burial will follow in Pine Flat Cemetery in Oxford. Visitation will be held from 5 until 7 this evening.
- Curtis Wayne King — 62, died Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2014, in Jonesboro, Ark. A memorial service will be held at a later date. He will be buried in the West Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery. High Point Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
(October 6, 2014, Page 3A)
- Ben Edmond “Eddie” Gibson — 70, died Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2014, at Baptist Hospital in Collierville, Tenn. A private graveside service was held for family members. High Point Funeral Home in Memphis was in charge of arrangements.
- Anice Louise Kenton — 40, died Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014, at Baptist East in Memphis. A visitation and memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Westview Baptist Church on Highway 6 West in Oxford. Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of local arrangements.
- Vera Marie Ramsey — 94, died Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014, at her residence in the Pine Flat community. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home in Oxford, with the Rev. Gene Bramlett and Kirk Bramlett officiating. Burial will follow in Pine Flat Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
(September 10, 2014, Page 2)
- Latonya DeWayne Carr — 33, died Tuesday at The Med in Memphis. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home in Oxford.
- John W. Sayles — 91, died Saturday, Jan. 5, 2013, in Oxford. Graveside services were held Tuesday in Memorial Park Cemetery in Memphis with full military honors. High Point Funeral Home & Crematorium in Memphis was in charge of arrangements.
(January 9, 2013, Page 2)