Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Ramey E. Cannon — 83, died Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013, in Spokane, Wash. Graveside services will be held at noon Tuesday at Greenwood Memorial Terrace. A memorial service will follow at 1 p.m. at Heritage Funeral Home.
- Margaret Ellen Edwards Holcomb — 87, died Friday, Aug. 30, 2013, at her home in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Clear Creek Baptist Church in Oxford, with the Rev. Charles Lipe officiating. Burial will follow in Clear Creek Cemetery. Visitation will be held for an hour and a half prior to the service at the church. Waller Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
- Starla Joanna McGee — 29, died Sunday at her residence in Water Valley. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home in Oxford.
- Mary Lee “Cordie Mae” Vaughn — 78, died Sunday at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc.
(September 2, 2013, Page 2A)
- Joyce Ann Odum Buchanan — 62, died Tuesday, May 7, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Burial will follow at the Abbeville Cemetery in Abbeville. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 this evening at the funeral home.
- Tyler Emerick — 19, died in Lafayette County. Arrangements are incomplete with Seven Oaks Funeral Home of Water Valley.
- William Magee — 23, died Saturday, May 4, 2013, in Nashville, Tenn. A Celebration of Life service will be held at 4 p.m. Friday in the McCallie School Chapel in Chattanooga. A reception and visitation will be held following the service at the home of Dr. Tommy and Grayson Brown in Lookout Mountain, Tenn. Heritage Funeral Home of Chattanooga is in charge of arrangements.
- Clarence Edward Rowsey — 60, died Friday, April 26, 2013, at his residence in Water Valley. Services were held earlier today at the Serenity-Martin Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford.
(May 8, 2013, Page 2A)
- Montell Rice Meacham — 94, died Wednesday, May 16, 2012, at his home near Oxford. A private memorial service will be held at a later date. Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of local arrangements.
- Jack D. Neth — 73, died Friday, May 18, 2012, at the Mississippi State Veterans Home in Oxford. Services will be held at 2:30 this afternoon in the chapel of Wells Funeral Home in Batesville, with the Rev. Joel Jones and Hal Johnson officiating. A private family burial will follow in Wesley Chapel Cemetery near Sardis. Visitation will be held for an hour a half prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Coria Lee Polk — 68, died Saturday at her daughter’s home in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Sardis.
- Samuel Goza Pumphrey — 84, died Friday, May 18, 2012, at his home in Oxford. Services were held Sunday at the Waller Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with the Rev. John Kramer officiating. Burial followed in the Oxford Memorial Cemetery.
- Warren Benjamin “Buzzie” Seely Jr. — 78, died Friday, May 18, 2012, at St. Dominic’s Hospital in Jackson. A mass of Christian burial was held this morning at St. Joseph The Worker Catholic Church. Heritage Funeral Home in Moss Point-Escatawpa was in charge of arrangements.
(May 21, 2012, Page 2)