- Jewell Younger Graeber — 88, died Friday, Aug. 12, 2011, at Baptist Hospital in Memphis. Services were held this morning at the Marks Presbyterian Church. Burial followed in the Marks Cemetery.
- Mildred Varner Isom — 97, died Friday, Aug. 12, 2011. Services were held this morning at Collierville Funeral Home in Collierville. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 this afternoon at Browning Cemetery near Oxford.
- Hazel Cooper “Zekie” Brannon McKenzie — 79, died Saturday, Aug. 13, 2011, at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home in Oxford,. Burial will follow at Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held for an hour and a half prior to the service at the funeral home.
(August 15, 2011, Page 2A)
- Meade G. Burrows — 56, died Wednesday, July 21, 2010, in Northhampton, Mass. A celebration of his life will be held Aug. 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the Unitarian Church in Northampton.
- Gavin Marcus Daniels — the infant son of Marcus and LaKesha Flemons-Daniels of Red Banks, died Monday, Aug. 9, 2010, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto in Southaven. Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Providence U.M.Church Cemetery in Abbeville. Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
- Wendell Earl “Bud” Hall — 74, of Collierville, died Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2010. Private services will be held in the West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery. Visitation will be from noon until 2 p.m. Thursday at the Collierville Funeral Home.
- Hattie Mae Key — 93, died Thursday, Aug. 5, 2010. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Friday at the Philadelphia M.B. Church. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Visitation will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the church. Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
(August 11, 2010, Page 2)