It’s been said that you can get a quick fix on someone by seeing what he or she reads. Editor Don Whitten points out that’s not always easy to do, but is with one of the South’s favorite authors, Pat Conroy, whose latest book, “My Reading Life,” takes readers on a trip through his library and education to see how and why Conroy writes as he does. Conroy will be in town Wednesday to sign copies of the new book at 5 p.m. at Off Square Books. (November 2, 2010, Page 4)
With the first act to his new independent movie finished, filmmaker Thomas L. Phillips found himself needing some fresh ideas to complete the script. In May, he called Melanie Addington, whom he had met two years ago at the Memphis International Film Festival, and asked her to help finish writing the script.
Cast and crew have been shooting for the last three weeks in and around Oxford and expect to wrap up this weekend. (August 27, 2010, Page 1B)
- Luna Gurtrue “Trudy” Anderson — Services will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation will be held two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Eleanor McCorkle Buntin — Services will be held at 2 this afternoon at the Springhill Baptist Church in Oakland. Newsom Funeral Home of Charleston is in charge of arrangements.
- Dorothy Dodson — Arrangements are incomplete with Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Maurice King — Arrangements are incomplete with Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Bonnie Sue Ray — Services were held Sunday in the Waller Funeral Home Chapel.
- Sharon L. Yopp — Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation will be held from 6 to 8 this evening and one hour prior to the service at the funeral home.
(January 15, 2010, Page 2)