It’s been almost eight months and investigators with the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department are still racking their brains to come up with new evidence in the murder of Frank Bowie. Investigator Scott Mills said, “we’re just not getting that many calls. We know there’s got to be someone in the community that will help us — it’s just finding the right way to extract it.” (July 23, 2010, Page 2A)
Willie Frank Bowie’s family has raised additional funds to add to the CrimeStoppers reward for information leading the arrest and conviction of his killer. According to Lafayette County Sheriff’s Investigator Scott Mills, there is now a $2,000 reward being offered. (February 22, 2010, Page 1)
- Ray Woodson Addison — Services are 3 p.m. Thursday at Waller Funeral Home Chapel. Visitation is 4-7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
- Willie Frank Bowie — Services are 11 a.m. Wednesday at Second Missionary Baptist Church. Visitation is 6-7 tonight at Hodges-Serenity Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Mary L. Spencer — Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home of Oxford.
(January 19, 2010, Page 2)
CONTINUING COVERAGE — Lafayette County Sheriff’s investigators are still seeking information from community members on the apparent homicide of county resident Willie Frank Bowie on Monday. (January 13, 2010, Page 2)
- Willie Frank Bowie — Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Serenity Funeral Home in Oxford.
- James Anderson Brown Jr. — Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Serenity Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Maureen Regina Halloran — Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home.
(January 13, 2010, Page 2)
Willie Frank Bowie, 83, was apparently killed while in his vehicle which was parked just a few feet away from his home. Bowie’s body was discovered at about 7:25 Monday morning. Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department officials are investigating the death as a homicide. (January 12, 2010, Page 1)