- DELLA MOZELLE STEEN GALLOWAY, 85, died Wednesday, April 4, 2012. Graveside services will be held Saturday at Parkway Cemetery in Kosciusko. Visitation is today at First Baptist Church in Yazoo City. Stricklin-King Funeral Home in Yazoo City is in charge of arrangements.
- ADELINE MASON HOUSTON, 79, died Tuesday, April 3, 2012, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, with the Rev. Taylor Moore officiating. Burial will follow in Rose Hill Cemetery in Houlka. Visitation will be held prior for two hours prior to the service at the church. Waller Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
- SCOTT MOORHEAD, 50, died Wednesday, April 4, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital–North Mississippi in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at North Oxford Baptist Church, with the Rev. Chet Bush and the Rev. Derrick Starnes officiating. Burial will follow in Eastover Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 3:30 to 7 this evening at Waller Funeral Home and at the church on Saturday one hour prior to the service.
- CLARA DEAN RICHARDS, 91, died Saturday, March 31, 2012, at the Baptist Medical Center in Jackson. The family will be having a private memorial service. Memorials may be made to the Oxford-University United Methodist Church in Oxford or to the charity of the donor’s choice.
- JESSE IRVIN WADE SR., 81, died Wednesday, April 4, 2012, at his home. Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Ponderosa Cemetery, adjacent to the Wade residence in Lafayette County, with Bro. Josh Winslett and Bro. Nathan Pitney officiating. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 this evening at United Funeral Service of New Albany.
(April 6, 2012, Page 2A)