SALTILLO— The Oxford High School boys and girls claimed top three finishes in individual and team competition in the Saltillo Cross Country Invitational held Saturday at the SHS course. (September 21, 2014, Page 4B)
The Oxford High boys picked up right where they left off at the end of last year’s cross-country season as they had the second- and third-place finishers and then three more runners in the top 16 en route to the Class 5A championship in the Pontotoc Cross Country Invitational held Saturday morning at the at the Cherry Creek Orchard. (September 14, 2014, Page 5B)
- Lafayette High School student Ann-Marie Herod has been accepted into the Mississippi School for the Arts in theatre.
- Bramlett Elementary School’s First Grade teachers celebrated first grade students Accelerated Reading quiz challenge requiring their teachers to dance the Macarena, The Chicken Dance and a few others.
- Students showed exemplary behavior and citizenship for the month of March at Oxford Elementary. Students were awarded certificates, ribbons, and a special treat at lunch.
- Students are on the Headmaster’s List and Honor Roll for Oxford University School.
- “The Charger” newspaper has received a Silver Crown award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association based at Columbia University in New York City.