Online Edition
Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Mike Chaney

Cigarette ruled cause of fatal fire

A lit cigarette is the likely cause of a house fire that claimed the life of Oxford resident William Earl Williams on Monday afternoon. (February 18, 2015, Page 2A)

Keeping safe this Fourth of July

The Fourth of July is a time for family gatherings, fireworks and barbecues. To keep the holiday a pleasant day for Oxonians, fire officials are asking everyone to take a few extra steps to ensure everyone’s celebration remains a good one. (July 2, 2013, Page 3)

Ensure your say in insurance exchange

The Mississippi Department of Insurance will hold public meetings around the state to gain input from businesses owners and employee at 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the University of Mississippi Triplett Alumni Center in the Butler Auditorium. (June 17, 2011, Page 1A)

Thanksgiving fires can be prevented

State Fire Marshal Mike Chaney and local Oxford Fire Department public educator William May dish out some helpful advice on how to stay safe during the holidays. (November 24, 2010, Page 1A)

Oxford Eagle The Highlands, A Private Lake Community