TUPELO — The Oxford High boys finished fourth while the OHS girls came in ninth in team competition in the MHSAA Class 2 (5A-6A) state swimming meet held Saturday. (November 2, 2014, Page 4B)
If anybody other than Tupelo wins this weekend’s MHSAA Class II state swim meet, something went wrong. Or maybe, just maybe, another team did enough right. That’s what Oxford’s hoping anyway. The Chargers’ boys and girls teams will travel to the heavy favorite’s home pool on Saturday to battle the Golden Wave and host of other schools at the Tupelo Aquatic Center for the right to be called the state’s best (October 31, 2014, Page 6A)
Oxford High’s annual OHS Invitational swim meet produced a second-place finish for the Chargers and a third-place finish for the Lady Chargers. (September 17, 2013, Page 7)
- Lafayette High School student Ann-Marie Herod has been accepted into the Mississippi School for the Arts in theatre.
- Bramlett Elementary School’s First Grade teachers celebrated first grade students Accelerated Reading quiz challenge requiring their teachers to dance the Macarena, The Chicken Dance and a few others.
- Students showed exemplary behavior and citizenship for the month of March at Oxford Elementary. Students were awarded certificates, ribbons, and a special treat at lunch.
- Students are on the Headmaster’s List and Honor Roll for Oxford University School.
- “The Charger” newspaper has received a Silver Crown award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association based at Columbia University in New York City.