• Mary Lou Dodson – 85, died on Friday, April 16, 2010, at Baptist Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services were held on Sunday at Holly Springs Funeral home with Dr. James Pinkerton officiating. Burial followed at Memory Hill in Ellendale, Tenn.
• Delmer Lamar (Did) Fortner – 74, died Thursday, April 15, 2010, at his residence in Oxford. Services were held at 2 p.m. on Sunday at Springhill Methodist Church. Burial followed at the Springhill Methodist Church Cemetary. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
• Ruth Tolson Kelly – 85, retired elementary school teacher, died Thursday, April 15, 2010, at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Funeral services were this morning at College Hill Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Alan Cochet officiating. Burial followed at College Hill Cemetery. Waller Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
• Frances Irene Maples – 90, died Saturday, April 17, 2010, at the Yalobusha Nursing Home in Water Valley. Services are scheduled for 2 p.m. Tuesday at Coleman Funeral Home with Bro. Bill Russell officiating. Burial will follow at the Oxford Memorial Cemetary. Visition will be Tuesday from noon to 2 p.m. at Coleman Funeral Home.
• Sarah Payton – 76, died, April 16, 2010, at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Funeral services are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home.
• John Michael Tiller – 57, of Water Valley died Wednesday, April 14, 2010, at his residence. A graveside service will be held at 5 p.m. today at Oak Hill Cemetery in Water Valley with Dr. Randy Bain presiding. Tiller’s Sunday school teacher, Tommy White, will share some closing remarks. (April 19, 2010, Page 2A)
John Wesley Mitchell – 72, died Wednesday, March 24, 2010, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at New Providence M.B. Church in Batesville. Burial will follow in Orwood Cemetery in Batesville. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home in Oxford. (March 26, 2010, Page 2A)