Today’s Oxford EAGLE includes a special treat for readers and advertisers — a closer look at our Lafayette-Oxford-University community, its character and some of the “characters” that make this such a special place. Editor Don Whitten takes a closer look at Profile 2015, today’s special section that includes feature stories and pictures for figures around the city, county and campus. (February 22, 2015, Page 4A)
It’s that time of the year again – baseball season is going full swing and baseball books are hitting the shelves. Editor Don Whitten mentions several highly-touted books out in 2012, and says that John Grisham’s baseball novel, “Calico Joe,” is certainly one to snag. (April 11, 2012, Page 4)
There will be lots of news coming out about who the next Ole Miss football coach will, or might, be. Editor Don Whitten recalls a time during his sports writing days when coaching searches were very open and even involved interviews with the media. (November 28, 2011, Page 4A)
- Lafayette PTO Meeting set for Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Oxford High School Class of 1970 Reunion set for Double Decker Weekend
- Local students receive highest academic award at Honors Day convocation
- Lafayette Upper Elementary will host an open house for upcoming third-graders on Thursday from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Lafayette School District has two national winners in the Classworks WIN contest.
- Six inductees to enter NWCC Sports Hall of Fame with former Ole Miss player Don Kessinger as the keynote speaker.
- Summer Ecology camp offered and registration now underway.