John Reese McClure delivered a two-run walkoff single in the bottom of the fifth inning to lift Oxford to a 5-4 win over Lafayette in the first game of a middle school doubleheader Saturday night at OHS’s Edwin Moak Field. (March 24, 2014, Page 2B)
In Education Briefs:
- Lafayette High School student Ann-Marie Herod has been accepted into the Mississippi School for the Arts in theatre.
- Bramlett Elementary School’s First Grade teachers celebrated first grade students Accelerated Reading quiz challenge requiring their teachers to dance the Macarena, The Chicken Dance and a few others.
- Students showed exemplary behavior and citizenship for the month of March at Oxford Elementary. Students were awarded certificates, ribbons, and a special treat at lunch.
- Students are on the Headmaster’s List and Honor Roll for Oxford University School.
- “The Charger” newspaper has received a Silver Crown award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association based at Columbia University in New York City.