BLOG: Ole Miss head coach Houston Nutt touched on a variety of topics during his pre-spring practice press conference held this afternoon at the Indoor Practice Facility. (more…) (March 28, 2011)
Marquette Vaughn took the top honor as the Oxford School District Parent of the Year. Vaughn moved to Oxford in 2008 with her family after her husband took a job as an assistant football coach for the Ole Miss Rebels football team. She now serves as a temp at Bramlett Elementary but is best known as Clifford the Dog. (April 27, 2010, Page 1-2)
- Lafayette High School student Ann-Marie Herod has been accepted into the Mississippi School for the Arts in theatre.
- Bramlett Elementary School’s First Grade teachers celebrated first grade students Accelerated Reading quiz challenge requiring their teachers to dance the Macarena, The Chicken Dance and a few others.
- Students showed exemplary behavior and citizenship for the month of March at Oxford Elementary. Students were awarded certificates, ribbons, and a special treat at lunch.
- Students are on the Headmaster’s List and Honor Roll for Oxford University School.
- “The Charger” newspaper has received a Silver Crown award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association based at Columbia University in New York City.
OLE MISS FOOTBALL — A strong final push turned into an outstanding National Signing Day for the Ole Miss football program and Houston Nutt Wednesday. Ole Miss was able to sign some important players for the 2010 class and, in the process, vault up the national recruiting rankings. The Rebels signed 22 new players in addition to two junior college players the team signed in December. (February 6, 2010, Page 6)