Led by two first-place finishes in relay events and a first-place finish from Dion Kevin, the Oxford Chargers finished second in the MHSAA Division 2 North Half meet Saturday in Jackson. The Chargers, who also competed against Class 6A schools, were second to Tupelo with 110 points. (October 21, 2013, Page 4B)
- Lafayette High School student Ann-Marie Herod has been accepted into the Mississippi School for the Arts in theatre.
- Bramlett Elementary School’s First Grade teachers celebrated first grade students Accelerated Reading quiz challenge requiring their teachers to dance the Macarena, The Chicken Dance and a few others.
- Students showed exemplary behavior and citizenship for the month of March at Oxford Elementary. Students were awarded certificates, ribbons, and a special treat at lunch.
- Students are on the Headmaster’s List and Honor Roll for Oxford University School.
- “The Charger” newspaper has received a Silver Crown award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association based at Columbia University in New York City.