Oxford’s girls middle school track team finished second in the Oxford Relays held Wednesday at Bobby Holcomb Field. (April 10, 2014, Page 4B)
Oxford’s middle school track teams shined in the New Albany Track Invitational held Tuesday. The Lady Chargers finished first with 193 points while the Chargers also took first place. (March 27, 2014, Page 9)
Led by two first-place finishes in relay events and a first-place finish from Dion Kevin, the Oxford Chargers finished second in the MHSAA Division 2 North Half meet Saturday in Jackson. The Chargers, who also competed against Class 6A schools, were second to Tupelo with 110 points. (October 21, 2013, Page 4B)
- Lafayette High School student Ann-Marie Herod has been accepted into the Mississippi School for the Arts in theatre.
- Bramlett Elementary School’s First Grade teachers celebrated first grade students Accelerated Reading quiz challenge requiring their teachers to dance the Macarena, The Chicken Dance and a few others.
- Students showed exemplary behavior and citizenship for the month of March at Oxford Elementary. Students were awarded certificates, ribbons, and a special treat at lunch.
- Students are on the Headmaster’s List and Honor Roll for Oxford University School.
- “The Charger” newspaper has received a Silver Crown award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association based at Columbia University in New York City.