- Burwell named to dean’s list
- Gregory named to dean’s list
- Pugh, Quarles serve as pages
- NWCC announces Outstanding Students
- OEPE fundraiser continues
- Korean students visit Oxford
- Lafayette County Future Farmers of America members competed at the National FFA Convention
- Northwest Mississippi Community College will present Steve Martin’s “Picasso at the Lapin Agile” Jan. 30 — Feb. 2.
After a year away, Jack Wright is coming back to Northwest Mississippi Community College. (November 12, 2013, Page 6)
GOODMAN — A last-second field goal from Cole Ballard proved to be the difference for the Holmes Community College Bulldogs in their 17-14 win over the Northwest Rangers at Ras M. Branch Stadium Saturday night. (October 14, 2013, Page 3B)
SENATOBIA — More yards, more plays and an early 14-point lead wasn’t enough for the Northwest Mississippi Community College Rangers Saturday afternoon at Bobby Franklin Field. The Rangers outgained Delta 430 to 324 and scored two touchdowns in the opening 18 minutes of action but still lost 34-27 to the Trojans on homecoming. (October 7, 2013, Page 1B)
CLARKSDALE — Damian Baker’s impact was finally felt Thursday night for the Northwest Mississippi Community College Rangers. The sophomore running back from Columbus scored three touchdowns and rushed for 198 yards on just 16 carries to help lead the Rangers to a 38-23 win over Coahoma. (September 13, 2013, Page 6A)
Just a couple of years ago Cody Reed was a crafty left-hander at Horn Lake High who showed some projectability because of his frame.
Thursday, the Ole Miss signee and Northwest Mississippi Community Ranger was selected 46th overall in the 2013 Major League Baseball First-Year Players Draft by the Kansas City Royals.
Cody Reed and coach Mark Carson have the same recollection of when things changed.