The Oxford EAGLE publishes obituaries free of charge for local families and for those making arrangements through local funeral homes. We accept obituary information from funeral homes only. Photos are welcome. For more information, call us at 662-234-4331 or send an e-mail.
No obituaries were submitted to The Oxford Eagle today. (September 15, 2010, Page 2)
- Clyde Wayne Alexander Jr. — 72, of Hot Springs, Va., died Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010, in Nantucket. Visitation with the family will be at his home in Hot Springs on Saturday from 4 to 6 p.m. Services will be private.
- Matthew Nicholas Brigance — 20, formerly of Oxford, died Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010, at Methodist North Hospital in Memphis. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 today at Forest Hill East Funeral Home in Bartlett.
- Mary Ann Robinson Mohead — 79, died Sunday, Sept. 12, 2010, at her home on Texas Island Plantation near Moon Lake. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 this evening at Meredith-Nowell Funeral Home in Clarksdale.
- Ottis Randal “Randy” Ragland — 58, died Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010, in Los Angeles. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home. Visitation will precede the service from noon until 2 at the funeral home.
- Linda Williams — 41, of Sardis died Thursday at Tri-Lakes Medical Center in Batesville. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home of Oxford.
Linda Williams — 41, of Sardis, died Thursday at Tri-Lakes Medical Center in Batesville. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home of Oxford. (September 12, 2010)
- James Lee Adams — 53, died Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2010. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Beath Temple Church of God in Christ in Benton Harbor, Mich. Burial will follow be in Crystal Spring Cemetery in Benton Harbor. Family Funeral Home of Benton Harbor is in charge of arrangements.
- Lois A. Evans — 74, died Thursday, Sept. 9, 2010. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday in the Waller Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in North Oxford Cemetery. Visitation will be from 4 until 7 this evening at Waller Funeral Home.
- Bennie Nolan Gossett, 88, died Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Delay Baptist Church. Burial will follow at the church cemetery. Visitation will be held Friday from 5 until 7 p.m. at Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley.
- Marie Cook Robertson, 77, died Saturday, July 17, 2010. Services were held July 26 at Wade Funeral Home Chapel. Burial followed at Laurel Hill Memorial Garden Cemetery.
No obituaries were submitted for today’s edition of The EAGLE. (September 8, 2010, Page 2)
- Helen Wilson — 93, of Searcy, Ark., died Sunday, Sept. 5, 2010. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Powell Funeral Home Chapel in Searcy. Burial will be private. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Linda Ford Gray — 63, died Friday, Sept. 3, 2010. Services were held Sunday at the First United Pentecostal Church of Water Valley. Burial followed in the church cemetery. Seven Oaks Funeral Home of Water Valley was in charge of arrangements.
- Dr. J. Byron Gathright Jr. — died on Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010. A visitation and memorial service will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Lake Lawn Metairie Funeral Home in Metairie.
- Anita Ruth Johnson Simmons — 70, of Brentwood died Thursday, Sept. 2, 2010. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at Williamson Memorial Funeral Home in Brentwood. Visitation will be held for two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Paul Skierkowski — 68, of Norman died Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2010. A mass of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Norman, Okla. Visitation will begin at 6 this evening, followed by a prayer service at 7 at Havenbrook Funeral Home in Norman.