Running a photography business and raising four sons would be enough for most people, but for Lafayette School District Parent of the Year Brandall Atkinson, doing more to help her children’s school experience is just part of being a parent. (April 28, 2010, Page 1)
PHOTOS — Students at Lafayette Elementary School took part in the school carnival Friday. (April 27, 2010, Page 7)
Northwest Community College is offering two summer school terms this year, beginning on June 3 and ending on July 1. Registration is now open. For more information, contact the Registrar’s office at 662-562-3219. (April 27, 2010, Page 7)
Patrick Robinson, the Oxford Middle School principal, was named Administrator of the Year for the Oxford School District. Robinson said the most rewarding part of his job is to see students grow from being young, eager and sometimes scared to mature eighth graders. (April 27, 2010, Page 7)
- Oxford High School theater department will stage “Almost, Maine” as the annual Kayla Sue Mize fundraiser this Friday-Sunday.
- Walking Wednesdays continue
- Green innovation forum set for Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Overby Center
- Lafayette High School class of 1970 will host its 40th class reunion on Memorial Day Weekend
- Robyn Thweatt of Oxford was named to the Northwest Mississippi Community College cheer squad
- The Summer Coin program is taking applications for students aged 14-21 for their summer work program.
- Oxford High School band recently returned from a four-day trip to Washington, D.C.
Marquette Vaughn took the top honor as the Oxford School District Parent of the Year. Vaughn moved to Oxford in 2008 with her family after her husband took a job as an assistant football coach for the Ole Miss Rebels football team. She now serves as a temp at Bramlett Elementary but is best known as Clifford the Dog. (April 27, 2010, Page 1-2)
WATER VALLEY — The Water Valley School Board has accepted a new credit recovery policy in an effort to keep students on pace to ultimately graduate. (April 26, 2010, Page 3A)
Coffeeville has been recommended as one of 18 school districts in the state to be consolidated, according to a report by the Colorado-based consulting firm Augenblick, Palaich and Associates Inc. which was released on Monday.
Should Coffeeville decide to consolidate, the firm recommended it merge with Water Valley; the two schools are just over 10 miles apart. (April 21, 2010, Page 1)
- Lafayette PTO Meeting set for Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Oxford High School Class of 1970 Reunion set for Double Decker Weekend
- Local students receive highest academic award at Honors Day convocation
- Lafayette Upper Elementary will host an open house for upcoming third-graders on Thursday from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Lafayette School District has two national winners in the Classworks WIN contest.
- Six inductees to enter NWCC Sports Hall of Fame with former Ole Miss player Don Kessinger as the keynote speaker.
- Summer Ecology camp offered and registration now underway.
The Oxford Middle School honor roll for the third nine weeks of school has been announced. Students on the principal’s list received all As. Students on the honor roll received all As and Bs. (April 20, 2010, Page 7)