Kim Myrick Stasny, 55, died Wednesday evening at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi after complications from a brain tumor.
Visitation will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at Oxford University United Methodist Church with a service to follow at 3.
Oxford High School student Dan Mossing has earned the reputation as STAR student not only in Oxford but throughout the state as he was named STAR student for Mississippi. Dan will attend Princeton University and is the child of Mike and Sue Mossing. (May 4, 2011, Page 1)
Alpha Tau Omega raised $36,000 to help the Boys and Girls Club this spring. (May 3, 2011, Page 8)
- Boyden gets competition award
- OMS Chorus wins competition
- NWCC students receive scholarships
- Conner earns scholarship
- Kayla Gala set May 26-28
- Walking Wednesdays continue
- Fraternity supports Haiti
- OMS students to participate in Science Olympiad
- Local students participate in AKA fashionetta program
- Oxford native McClure hired as officer at UM
- Memorial ceremony honors deceased members of UM
- Justice chides court on desegregation case
A meeting for parents in the Oxford School District that have children with identified special needs has been set for Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church. (May 2, 2011, Page 3A)
After a day filled with storms and tornado warnings, students in Lafayette County School District will be learning what to do in case of another type of natural disaster Thursday morning.
At 10:15 a.m., students will be practicing the “Drop, Cover and Hold On,” in case of an earthquake during the Great Central U.S. ShakeOut.
Oxford School District approved a $3 million demolition and construction of a new gym at Oxford Middle School at Monday’s board meeting. The project will also include the addition of 8 classrooms for the school. The project is set to begin this summer and complete by Aug. 2012. (April 26, 2011, Page 1)
Lafayette High and Middle School Choirs have recently received 14 Superior awards at district and statewide festivals. (April 26, 2011, Page 14)
- DDES announces honor roll
- DDE to host Green Fair
- Farrakhan-Muhammad accepted to doctoral program
- Roberts named best state nurse
- McDonald named top welder
- OE names Shining Star students
- Self participates in D.O. Day
- Flag presentation at Regents
- Summer School sessions set for Northwest CC
- National Latin Exam at OMS 2011
- Northwest honors 2011 hall of fame
Superintendent Kim Stasny will be out off the office for the next two months while dealing with a brain tumor. Assistant Superintendent Brian Harvey will be in charge. (April 20, 2011, Page 2A)