The fifth annual Kayla Gala, the Oxford High School Theater Department’s play benefiting the Kayla Sue Mize Endowment, will be held Friday through Sunday and feature the staging of “Almost, Maine.” (April 29, 2010, Page 1-5)
Patrick Robinson, the Oxford Middle School principal, was named Administrator of the Year for the Oxford School District. Robinson said the most rewarding part of his job is to see students grow from being young, eager and sometimes scared to mature eighth graders. (April 27, 2010, Page 7)
- Oxford High School theater department will stage “Almost, Maine” as the annual Kayla Sue Mize fundraiser this Friday-Sunday.
- Walking Wednesdays continue
- Green innovation forum set for Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Overby Center
- Lafayette High School class of 1970 will host its 40th class reunion on Memorial Day Weekend
- Robyn Thweatt of Oxford was named to the Northwest Mississippi Community College cheer squad
- The Summer Coin program is taking applications for students aged 14-21 for their summer work program.
- Oxford High School band recently returned from a four-day trip to Washington, D.C.
Marquette Vaughn took the top honor as the Oxford School District Parent of the Year. Vaughn moved to Oxford in 2008 with her family after her husband took a job as an assistant football coach for the Ole Miss Rebels football team. She now serves as a temp at Bramlett Elementary but is best known as Clifford the Dog. (April 27, 2010, Page 1-2)
- Lafayette PTO Meeting set for Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Oxford High School Class of 1970 Reunion set for Double Decker Weekend
- Local students receive highest academic award at Honors Day convocation
- Lafayette Upper Elementary will host an open house for upcoming third-graders on Thursday from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Lafayette School District has two national winners in the Classworks WIN contest.
- Six inductees to enter NWCC Sports Hall of Fame with former Ole Miss player Don Kessinger as the keynote speaker.
- Summer Ecology camp offered and registration now underway.
The Oxford Middle School honor roll for the third nine weeks of school has been announced. Students on the principal’s list received all As. Students on the honor roll received all As and Bs. (April 20, 2010, Page 7)
On Friday, the Oxford School Board met with the Oxford Board of Aldermen to present them with the district’s proposal for a new high school and complete renovation of the entire school district. (April 19, 2010, Page 1A)
The Oxford School Board approved Tuesday a new Oxford Middle School cheerleader squad that will include tryouts, and cheer camp as well as training. (April 16, 2010, Page 6A)
Several new faces will make their stage debut tonight as Oxford High School’s Theatre Department presents the Neil Simon play, “Rumors,” in the Kayla Sue Mize Auditorium at OHS. (April 15, 2010, Page 1)