- Lafayette PTO Meeting set for Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Oxford High School Class of 1970 Reunion set for Double Decker Weekend
- Local students receive highest academic award at Honors Day convocation
- Lafayette Upper Elementary will host an open house for upcoming third-graders on Thursday from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Lafayette School District has two national winners in the Classworks WIN contest.
- Six inductees to enter NWCC Sports Hall of Fame with former Ole Miss player Don Kessinger as the keynote speaker.
- Summer Ecology camp offered and registration now underway.
The Oxford Middle School honor roll for the third nine weeks of school has been announced. Students on the principal’s list received all As. Students on the honor roll received all As and Bs. (April 20, 2010, Page 7)
On Friday, the Oxford School Board met with the Oxford Board of Aldermen to present them with the district’s proposal for a new high school and complete renovation of the entire school district. (April 19, 2010, Page 1A)
The Oxford School Board approved Tuesday a new Oxford Middle School cheerleader squad that will include tryouts, and cheer camp as well as training. (April 16, 2010, Page 6A)
Several new faces will make their stage debut tonight as Oxford High School’s Theatre Department presents the Neil Simon play, “Rumors,” in the Kayla Sue Mize Auditorium at OHS. (April 15, 2010, Page 1)
Skipping school or being tardy too often next year will come with some very real consequences if a new policy is approved by the Oxford School Board. A compulsory school attendance policy that follows state law will be voted on as soon as April 29. (April 14, 2010, Page 1A)
Oxford High School released its third nine weeks honor roll. Students with all A’s are on the principal’s list. Students with A’s and B’s are on the honor roll. (April 13, 2010, Page 7A-8A)
Della Davidson Elementary School took home two top prizes in the Mississippi Destination ImagiNation Tournament held March 27 in Columbus.
The Oxford Eagles — Claire Stevens, Michaela Spillers, Ann Leigh Robbins and Addison Meadows — won the Breaking DI News competition, and the Wild Thangs — Add Kimbrell, Kevin Dao, Sara Caroline Bridgers, Anna Dennis, and Haley Caradine — won the Band Together Competition.
The two teams will represent Mississippi in the Global Destination ImagiNation Finals being held on May 26-29 in Knoxville, Tenn.