Online Edition
Thursday, April 24, 2014

Headlines

Howe’s Termite Control license revoked by state

Howe’s Termite Control LLC has had its license revoked for professional termite services after owner Clifton D. Howe was found to be using pesticide not registered for indoor use in homes in Lafayette County and without a license for general pest use. (April 15, 2011, Page 1A)

Share this Oxford Eagle story.

    MS walk set for this Saturday at Lamar Park

    The annual Walk MS in Oxford will be held this Saturday at Lamar Park. Sponsored by the Alabama-Mississippi Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, registration begins at 8 a.m. and the 3-mile walk will start at 9 a.m. (April 14, 2011, Page 1)

    Share this Oxford Eagle story.

      Riders go up with gas prices

      Ridership on the Oxford University Transit buses are up but so are gas prices leaving the commission concerned about the rest of the year’s budget. (April 14, 2011, Page 1)

      Share this Oxford Eagle story.

        Winning’s nice, but not necessary

        Special Olympics for Area 4 in North Mississippi were held on Wednesday with Carol Haney receiving the annual Cam Cooper Volunteer of the Year Award. (April 14, 2011, Page 1)

        Share this Oxford Eagle story.

          ‘Firebugs’ invade OHS this week

          “Firebugs” is not your typical Oxford High School production. The theater group brings a German satire to the stage. Opening Thursday through Saturday, tickets are for sale at the door for $10 for adults and $5 for students. The play will be performed at 7:30 p.m. nightly. (April 13, 2011, Page 1)

          Share this Oxford Eagle story.

            Details on dog park operation being worked on

            The city’s new dog park may be open but city officials and representatives from the Oxford-Lafayette Humane Society are still trying to determine some of the details on the operation of the park. (April 13, 2011, Page 1)

            Share this Oxford Eagle story.

              January fire that claimed two lives ruled accidental

              The fire that claimed the lives of two Oxford women in January has been ruled accidental, according to Oxford Fire Chief Mike Hill. The fire appeared to have been caused by a gas heater in the home. (April 12, 2011, Page 1A)

              Share this Oxford Eagle story.

                Youngsters enjoy yarn bombing

                Members of the Barksdale Boys & Girls Club of Oxford made their clubhouse a little more colorful Monday after an afternoon of yarn bombing. (April 12, 2011, Page 1A)

                Share this Oxford Eagle story.

                  City OKs Katrina-cottage project

                  The Colbert Jones property, once thought to be a contender for the new $300 million Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi instead moved forward with a nine-acre tract to be a residential subdivision for Katrina-cottage housing. (April 12, 2011, Page 1A)

                  Share this Oxford Eagle story.

                    Waste day a successful event

                    On Saturday, the Three Rivers Solid Waste Management Authority, along with the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and the city of Oxford, held the annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day at the Oxford Conference Center. (April 11, 2011, Page 1A)

                    Share this Oxford Eagle story.

                       Page 176 of 258  « First  ... « 174  175  176  177  178 » ...  Last » 
                      Oxford Eagle The Highlands, A Private Lake Community