- Lafayette PTO Meeting set for Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- Oxford High School Class of 1970 Reunion set for Double Decker Weekend
- Local students receive highest academic award at Honors Day convocation
- Lafayette Upper Elementary will host an open house for upcoming third-graders on Thursday from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- Lafayette School District has two national winners in the Classworks WIN contest.
- Six inductees to enter NWCC Sports Hall of Fame with former Ole Miss player Don Kessinger as the keynote speaker.
- Summer Ecology camp offered and registration now underway.
The Oxford Middle School honor roll for the third nine weeks of school has been announced. Students on the principal’s list received all As. Students on the honor roll received all As and Bs. (April 20, 2010, Page 7)
The Congressional Art Competition will be held at the Gum Tree Museum of Art in Tupelo on Saturday, May 15, and will feature two-dimensional artwork from First District high school students. For more information or to submit work, call 202-225-4306. (April 20, 2010, Page 7)
Air Evac flew in its helicopter to the Oxford-Lafayette School of Applied Technology to discuss career opportunities and what they do as a pilot, paramedic and registered nurse. James DeNigris, pilot for the Air Evac team, shows students the engine. (April 20, 2010, Page 7)
The Oxford School Board approved Tuesday a new Oxford Middle School cheerleader squad that will include tryouts, and cheer camp as well as training. (April 16, 2010, Page 6A)
Several new faces will make their stage debut tonight as Oxford High School’s Theatre Department presents the Neil Simon play, “Rumors,” in the Kayla Sue Mize Auditorium at OHS. (April 15, 2010, Page 1)
Former CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather shared memories of covering the 1962 riots at the University of Mississippi when speaking to a standing-room-only crowd Wednesday at the Overby Center on campus as part of the Society of Professional Journalists naming the school as its 100th National Historic Site in Journalism. (April 15, 2010, Page 1)