- Mike “Hot Shoe” Arrington — 58, died Tuesday Sept. 20, 2011, at the Hospice House in Tupelo. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Keownville Baptist Church. Burial will follow in the Keownville Cemetery. Visitation will be from 5 until 8 this evening at the church. Kesler Funeral Home of Baldwyn is in charge of arrangements.
- Kathleen M. Berryhill — 59, died Monday, Sept. 19, 2011, at St. Francis Hospital in Bartlett, Tenn. Services will be held at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Millington Chapel at the Munford Funeral Home in Millington. Burial will follow at West Tennessee Veterans Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
- Zettie Holman — 70, died this morning at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc.
- Frances Marie Tucker McEwen — 83, died Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011, at her home on Woodson Ridge near Abbeville. A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Monday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home. Burial will follow in Cedar Hill Cemetery in Vicksburg at a later date.
- Sarah Owens — 85, died Monday, Sept. 19, 2011, in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Waller Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow at North Oxford Baptist Church Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 4 until 7 this evening at the funeral home.
Family Crisis Services of Northwest Mississippi will hold a fatherhood program for new fathers from 4 to 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Lafayette County & Oxford Public Library. For more information, call Wanda Gipson at 234-9929. (September 19, 2011)
The Lafayette County Historical and Genealogical Society will meet at 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the auditorium of the Lafayette County & Oxford Public Library, 401 Bramlett Blvd. The speaker will be Betty Wiltshire, newsletter editor for the Carroll County Genealogy Society. She will speak on the topic of genealogy research for African Americans. The public is invited to this free program. (September 19, 2011)
Supporters of Springdale Cemetery will have their annual meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Springdale Church Fellowship Hall. (September 19, 2011)
The local Multiple Sclerosis Self-Help Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Magnolia Room of Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Family and friends of those affected by MS are invited to attend. For more information, call Robert Allen at 234-3515. (September 19, 2011)
The Mississippi Homemakers Volunteers of Lafayette County will meet at noon Thursday at the Lafayette County Extension Office, 101 Veterans Drive. Yocona MHV Club will be the host. Guests and new members are welcome. For more information, call the office at 234-4451. (September 19, 2011)
Meets for breakfast from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Ole Miss Catering banquet suite, located at 123 Heritage Drive. As part of Rotary’s New Generations Month, the featured speaker will be Melinda Carlson Pullen, who advises The Columns Society, an honorary student organization. Guests are invited to attend. For more information, email email@example.com or call Scott Thompson at 816-9898 or visit www.oxford-olemissrotary.com. (September 19, 2011)
- Annette Rushing Goodwin — 84, died Saturday, Sept. 17, 2011, at Yalobusha Nursing Home in Water Valley. Services will be held at 3 this afternoon at Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service.
- Frances Marie McEwen — 83, died Sunday at her home in Abbeville. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Sarah Owens — 85, died this morning at Graceland Care Center. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Danny Lee Payton Sr. — 52, died Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011, at his home in Oxford. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in the Garden of Memories located at the funeral home. Visitation will be held from 1 to 5 this afternoon at the funeral home.
- Billie Maude Green Winters — 79, died Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011, at her home in Water Valley. Services were held Saturday at Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley. Burial followed in the Oak Hill Cemetery in Water Valley.