It has been said sometimes adversity is what you have to face to become successful. For the No. 10 Ole Miss men’s tennis team, this weekend was not what they wanted as they came away with two tough losses in the ITA Kick-off Weekend. (January 27, 2014, Page 7)
Ole Miss’ largest recruiting weekend of the season netted another offensive line prospect for coach Matt Luke. (January 27, 2014, Page 6)
Friday night’s Division 2-5A doubleheader with Saltillo was about more than just two wins. It was the final time the Oxford Chargers and Lady Chargers would play a varsity game in the gym, a building that has hosted six state championship teams and countless great players since opening in 1963.
There are several reasons why the Lafayette Lady Commodores have had as much success on the soccer pitch this season. (January 27, 2014, Page 8)
- Rowland Carothers — 56, died Sunday at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Ralph Benjamin Gay Sr. — 79, died Saturday at Baptist Memorial Hospital North Mississippi. Arrangements are incomplete with Waller Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Maude Key — 91, died Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home in Oxford.
- Joan Bolen Prestage — 80, died Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. Services will be held at 2 p.m. on Tuesday in the Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley. Burial will follow in the Paris Cemetery in Paris. Visitation will be held from 5 until 7 this evening at the funeral home.
- Dr. Emil Sidney Sanders — 67, died Friday, Jan. 24, 2014, in his home in Oxford. Graveside services will be held at 2 this afternoon at Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will follow at Oxford-University United Methodist Church. Waller Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Following the services in Oxford, a memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Northside United Methodist Church in Atlanta. Visitation will be held prior to the service beginning at 1.
- Juanita Mize Schoning — 91, died Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014. Services will be private with arrangements by Ryan Funeral Home of Homewood.
You get all those strange email offers and stories, too, don’t you. Assistant News Editor Jeff Eubanks takes a closer look at one idea that popped up in his inbox recently: helping your pet with marijuana. (January 27, 2014, Page 4)
Rohini Patel writes about Miss America Nina Davuluri and how we still have a ways to go in this country when it comes to accepting and dealing with diversity. (January 27, 2014, Page 4)
Ole Miss’ largest recruiting weekend, just before signing day Feb. 5, is winding down and coming to an end. Fifteen of the 21 official visitors that made it to Oxford were already verbal pledges, but thanks to a successful trip, it appears each one have made it clear they want to remain a Rebel. (more…) (January 26, 2014)
BLOG — Marshall Henderson and Jarvis Summers each scored 19 points, and Ole Miss used a strong start to the second half to pull away for an 83-62 win over Mississippi State in front of 8,843 fans at C.M. “Tad” Smith Coliseum Saturday afternoon. (more…) (January 25, 2014)
A strong, confident first impression can be a key to success in life. They are especially important in the world of college football recruiting. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze made a big first impression with the coach of a player who is officially visiting Oxford this weekend. (more…) (January 24, 2014)