- Veda Brown — died this morning at the Yalobusha County Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete with the Serenity-Daniels Funeral Home of Water Valley.
- Betty Riley Hall — 63, died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at her home in Water Valley. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday in the Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley. Burial will follow in the Pine Grove Church Cemetery. The repast will be held at the Sanders Chapel Gymnasium in Water Valley. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
- Cornelius “Joe” Marion — 65, died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2013, at his residence in Abbeville. Services will be held at noon Saturday at Philadelphia MB Church. Burial will follow in Providence UM Church Cemetery in Abbeville. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
- Frank James Misek — 90, died Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013, at his home in Oxford. A private memorial service will be held at a later date. Coleman Funeral Home in Oxford was in charge of local arrangements.
- Steven Ray Nickell — 41, died Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013. A memorial service will be planned for a later date. Waller Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of arrangements.
- Clinton Earl “Smitty” Smith — 65, died Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, at his home near Oxford. A “Scattering of the Ashes” ceremony will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at 36 CR 494, Oxford. Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of local arrangements.
Thursday, July 31, 2014