- Patsey Embry Bowers — 71, of Oxford died Friday, July 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Funeral services will be Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the Oliver Funeral Home Chapel in Eupora with burial to follow in the Eupora City Cemetery. The Rev. Ed McDaniel and the Rev. Jeep Pepper will officiate. Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Oliver Funeral Home, which is in charge of arrangements.
- James David (J.D.) Mark — 43, died in Detroit on Thursday, July 11, 2013, from natural causes. Mass of Christian burial will be held Tuesday at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church. Burial to follow at Sunset Hills Cemetery Visitation at the Allen Funeral Home, 9136 Davison Road, Davison, Mich. Visitation was Sunday and today at Allen Funeral Home. A rosary will be prayed at 6 p.m. today.
- Milton Lavert Musick — 88, died Saturday, July 13, 2013, at Yalobusha County Nursing Home in Water Valley. Funeral services will be Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home with Rev. David Ard officiating. Burial will follow in Cambridge Cemetery. Visitation will be prior to the service beginning at 11 a.m. at the funeral home.
- Doris Haynie Mynatt — 86, died Sunday, July 14, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Visitation will be held Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford, with funeral services following at 1 p.m. at the church. Bro. John Parker will officiate. Interment will be in the Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery. Coleman Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Jennie “Doodle” Streetman Potts — 75, died Saturday, July 13, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. The funeral service was today at 11 a.m. at St. Andrew’s United Methodist Church with the Rev. Pat Ward and the Rev. Martin Case officiating. Burial will be in the afternoon following the funeral service at 3:30 p.m. at Mizpah Cemetery in Durant.
Saturday, April 19, 2014