- Landyn Drake Burns — newborn son of Daniel Lee Burns and Angel Cearra Caine, died on Wednesday, May 2, 2012, at LeBonheur Children’s Medical Center in Memphis. A graveside service was held Saturday at Forrest Memorial Park in Batesville. Wells Funeral Home of Batesville was in charge of arrangements.
- James B. “Happy Hank” Hankins Jr. — 70, died Saturday, May 5, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Shiloh Baptist Church, with the Rev. Gary Stevens and the Rev. Cary Worthington officiating. Burial will follow in Shiloh Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 this evening at Waller Funeral Home and also for one hour prior to the service at the church.
- Bertha Irene Lee Harmon — 90, died Thursday, May 3, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 this afternoon at the Paris Baptist Church, with Bro. Raymond Aven and Bro. Justin Gates officiating. Burial will follow in the Paris Cemetery in Paris. Visitation will be held for two hours prior to the service at the church. National Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- Dorothy Hudson — died Sunday at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Larry W. Wrenn — 59, died Friday, May 4, 2012, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. Services were held this morning in the Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley, with Bro. Kevin Jackson officiating. Burial followed in the Mt. Liberty Church Cemetery in Calhoun County.
(May 7, 2012, Page 2)