- BORIS WAYNE ARD – 88, retired self-employed carpenter, died Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012, at his home in Oxford. Funeral services will be held Tuesday at 11 a.m. in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home with the Rev. Robert Allen officiating. Burial will follow in Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held this evening from 5 until 7 at the funeral home.
- AUTRY WAYNE MOORE – 93, died Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012, at Tri-Lakes Medical Center in Batesville. Funeral services will be Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the Chapel of Waller Funeral Home with the Rev. James Hall officiating. Burial will follow in Shiloh Cemetery. Visitation will be Tuesday from 5 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
- ROBERT LEE “MR. PAT” PATTERSON JR. – 91, died Friday, Jan. 27, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Oxford-University United Methodist Church with the Rev. Warren Black officiating. Burial will follow in Eastover Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held for two hours prior to the service in Wesley Hall at the church. Waller Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- THELMA LOUIS MASSEY TATUM – 79, died Friday, Jan. 27, 2012, at her home in Oxford. Services will be held at 2 this afternoon in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home, with the Rev. Jerry East officiating. Burial will follow in Browning Cemetery.
Something was strikingly different at Saturday’s Ole Miss-South Carolina basketball game and it’s something that members of the community will notice more and more as they go through their everyday lives. Robert L. Patterson – “Mr. Pat” to most everyone – passed away Friday night, and his involvement and influence on so many people and so many things are the subject of a tribute column by Sports Editor John Davis. (January 30, 2012, Page 4A)
BLOG: After playing a nip-and-tuck game early on, the visiting Auburn Lady Tigers pulled away from Ole Miss en route to a 67-54 victory at C.M. “Tad” Smith Coliseum earlier today. (more…) (January 29, 2012)
BLOG — A prior relationship with Ole Miss football coach Hugh Freeze and a chance to play for a Southeastern Conference school a mere 45 miles from home was too much for Senatobia’s Quintavius Burdette to pass up. (more…) (January 29, 2012)
BLOG — Saturday night’s game with South Carolina may not have been the most efficient of the year for the Ole Miss Rebels. It may have been a grind that coach Andy Kennedy has come to call a lot of his team’s games, but in the end, it was a win. (more…) (January 29, 2012)
The Yalobusha General Hospital and Nursing Home in Water Valley will not only celebrate the opening of its new facility in the physical therapy department on Sunday, but it will also observe its 50 years of providing medical services to the city, county and surrounding area. (more…) (January 27, 2012, Page 2A)
Columnist Ryan Miller fondly remembers growing up with his brother after a friend’s grief reminds him of the importance of siblings. (January 27, 2012, Page 1B)
Barksdale Boys & Girls Club members are enjoying new computers that were recently donated to the club from the Lafayette-Oxford Foundation for Tomorrow. (January 27, 2012, Page 1B)
- Dulcie Lee James Goodwin — 81, died Thursday, Jan. 26, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Services will be held at 2 this afternoon at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Burial will follow at Antioch Cemetery in Bruce. Visitation will be held for two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Richard Howard Hope — 68, died Thursday at the Veterans Hospital in Memphis. Arrangements are incomplete with Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford.