A third supervisor has been ousted by voters during tonight’s primary runoff.
District 5 Supervisor incumbent Ray Sockwell Jr. lost to Mike Roberts who walked away with 52.29 percent of the votes. However, the final tally had Roberts winning by only 40 votes over Sockwell. In November, Roberts will go up against Republican Greg Bounds who won the primary election on Aug. 2.
Deputy tax assessor/collector Sylvia Baker bested her opponent Lisa Hickman Spragins. Baker took 71.01 percent of the votes. There is no Republican running against Baker in November.
Look for a precinct-by-precinct breakdown tomorrow in The Oxford EAGLE. As of 9:15 p.m., here are the results with 18 out of 18 precincts reporting and all affidavit and absentee votes accounted for:
SUPERVISOR DISTRICT 4
• Trammel P. Wells (R) 57.04 percent
• Cecil D. Locke (R) 42.25 percent
SUPERVISOR DISTRICT 5
• Ray Sockwell Jr. (D) 47.60 percent
• Mike Roberts (D) 52.29 percent
• Sylvia J. Baker (D) 71.07 percent
• Lisa Hickman Spragins (D) 28.99 percent
SOUTHERN DISTRICT CONSTABLE
• Joe Maples (D) 37.20 percent
• Jack Theobald (D) 62.63 percent
State races (Lafayette County results only)
• Johnny DuPree (D) 37.71 percent
• Bill Luckett (D) 61.90 percent
• Lynn Fitch (R) 48.04 percent
• Lee Yancey (R) 51.62 percent
• Billy Gray (D) 59.25 percent
• Don Randolph (D) 40.25 percent (August 23, 2011)