- Mildred E. Bishop — 84, died Sunday, July 3, 2011, at her residence in Oxford. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Philadelphia Baptist Church, with the Rev. Bobby Irvin officiating. Burial will follow at Philadelphia Cemetery. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the church. Waller Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Elizabeth C. “Betty” Elliott — 80, died Friday, July 1, 2011, at St. Dominic’s Hospital. Services will be held at 2 this afternoon in the Parkway Chapel of Wright and Ferguson Funeral Home in Jackson. Inurnment will follow in the Trinity Mausoleum.
- Preston Booker Farr — 65, died Saturday, July 2, 2011, at his residence. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Macedonia Baptist Church, with the Rev. Malcolm Brock and the Rev. Louie Williams officiating. Burial will follow in the Cornersville Cemetery. Visitation will be from 5 till 9 this evening at the United Funeral Service in New Albany and for one hour prior to the service at the church on Wednesday.
- Jimmie Dee Franklin — 87, died Saturday, July 2, 2011, at Hospice Ministries in Ridgeland. A private memorial service will be held for the family at a later date. Visitation will be held Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at Ott & Lee Funeral Home in Brandon.
- George B. Jones — 49, died Tuesday, June 28, 2011, at the state hospital in Whitfield. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Jesus’ Crown of Life Apostolic Pentecostal Church, with burial to follow in the Rock Hill Church Cemetery. Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
- Stanley Mark Partridge — 55, of Long Beach died Friday, July 1, 2011, at Memorial Hospital in Gulfport. A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Eastover Cemetery in Oxford. Visitation will be from 4:30 – 6:30 Wednesday, with a memorial service at 6:30 p.m. at Michael Memorial Baptist Church in Gulfport, with Pastor Tony Karnes officiating. The Riemann Family Funeral Home of Gulfport is in charge of arrangements and Waller Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of local arrangements.
- Ollie O. Vaughn — 84, died Friday at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford.
Friday, December 19, 2014