- Lura Clark Ethridge — 88, died Friday, May 20, 2011, in Jackson. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Richard Catholic Church in Jackson. Burial will follow at 4 p.m. at St. Peter’s Cemetery in Oxford. Visitation will be held for one hour prior to the service Wednesday at the church and from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, also at the church, followed by a prayer service at 7. Wright & Ferguson Funeral Home of Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
- Irla L. Hodges — 100, died Sunday, May 22, 2011, at Graceland Care Center in Oxford. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home of Oxford. Burial will follow in Old Union Cemetery. Visitation will be prior to the service from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the funeral home.
- Angela Juanita Horne Naron — 43, died Wednesday, May 18, 2011, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. A graveside service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Camp Ground Cemetery in Yalobusha County. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 this evening at Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley.
- Brenda Jean Oliver — 43, of Batesville died Sunday, May 15, 2011, at the Tri-Lakes Medical Center in Batesville. Services were held Sunday at Eureka A.M.E. Zion Church in Batesville. Burial followed in the church cemetery. Cooley’s Mortuary Inc. of Batesville was in charge of arrangements.
- Rosie Lee Powell — 55, died Monday, May 16, 2011, at her residence in Rochester, Minn. Services will be held at 2 this afternoon at Friendship M.B. Church in Calhoun City. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Hodges-Freeman Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
- Lula Bell Quarles — 83, died Wednesday, May 18, 2011. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Buford Chapel United Methodist Church. Burial will follow in the church cemetery, and repass will be in the church’s fellowship hall. Visitation will be from 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Serenity-Martin Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford, with family present from 5 to 7, and one hour prior to the service at the church.
Thursday, April 17, 2014