- Clancy Eugene “Lanny” Brasher Jr. — 48, died Wednesday, May 4, 2011, at his residence near Batesville. A memorial service will be held at a later date. Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of local arrangements.
- Dovie Champion Burke — 106, died Thursday, May 5, 2011, at Yalobusha Nursing Home in Water Valley. A graveside service will be held at 11:00 AM on Friday at Oak Hill Cemetery in Water Valley. Seven Oaks Funeral Home of Water Valley is in charge of arrangements.
- Jewell Hutchens Enlow — 62, died Wednesday, May 4, 2011, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi. Services will be held at noon Saturday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home of Oxford. Visitation will be prior to the service from 9:30 a.m. until noon.
- Le Christopher “Chris” Gipson — 22, died Wednesday at Baptist Memorial Hospital. Services will be held at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Tallahatchie Oxford Missionary Baptist Association building in Oxford. Burial will follow in Flint Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be from noon to 4 p.m., Monday at New Albany Serenity Funeral Home and 5 to 8 p.m. at Serenity Martin Funeral Home in Oxford.
- William Andrew McLarty — 61, died Wednesday, May 4, 2011. Services were held this morning at St. Andrew’s Cathedral Episcopal Church. Burial followed in the church’s All Souls’ Walk Columbarium.
- William Henry “Hoghead” Pegues — 65, died Friday, April 29, 2011. Graveside services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Union Hill M.B. Church in Etta. Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015