Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Breaking News – Superintendent dies

Oxford School District Superintendent Kim Stasny was taken off life support this afternoon and died a little after 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 4, after an unsuccessful surgery to remove a tumor in her brain. The staff of The Eagle is sorry for the loss to her family, district and community. (May 4, 2011)

10 Responses to “Breaking News – Superintendent dies”

1. Gary and Evelyn Yarborough says:

Words can not express our sorrow over the loss of Dr. Stasny. We have not only loss a wonderful educator but a wonderful person.
      Gary and Evelyn Yarborough Bay St. Louis, MS

2. Dale Fant says:

Kim was such a good friend most of my adult life. She was a wonderfully warm and caring person. Words cannot express my deep sorrow. My deepest condolences to Chris, Frances, all her family and all that knew and loved her.

3. Amy Coyne says:

Dr. Stasny was such a remarkable woman, mentor, friend and leader. This loss has had such an impact on her school and community families here in Bay St. Louis and Waveland. We will all be forever indebted to her for her sacrifice and selfless service to our schools and our community. I love you and will miss you.

Amy Yarborough Coyne
      Waveland, MS

4. Lori Elliott says:

This is such a loss for the Oxford community. We will miss Kim’s courageous leadership, her sweet and cheerful disposition and her dedication to the kids in our community. Let’s remember Kim each time we walk through the doors of Oxford’s new high school. What a great lady.

Lori Elliott
      Oxford, MS

5. Beth Walley says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to Dr. Stasny’s family. She was a very special woman and we will all miss her and remember what a great person she was.

Beth Walley
      Hattiesburg, MS

6. Robin Fletcher says:

Mrs. Kim was an Excellent Educator and Good Friend :) She stood by my side through High School and College and supported me till the end. She was a True Role Model for education and will be Missed. She def impacted my life and many others.

She will be Missed by everyone in BSL!!!

7. Dr. Andy Parker says:

Dr. Stasny was an amazing woman and courageous leader. Our profession has lost a true heroine! Thank you, Dr. Stasny, for being such a role model and mentor, and thank you for giving me the best job of my career so far! I love you, and will miss you!

8. To the family of Dr. Stasny and the entire Oxford community, you are in our prayers.

Anita D. Buckhalter
      Diamond Buckhalter
      Baton Rouge, Louisiana

9. Paul A. Tisdale says:

Kim was one of the most talented educators I’ve had the pleasure to know or work with. You could count on her when the going got tough… and in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina it got plenty tough.

Remember her for her integrity, intelligence, devotion to public education, and commitment to our youngest citizens.

I was fortunate to be her friend and will miss her greatly.

10. Pam Lawson says:

To the family and friends of Dr. Stasny,

May the peace of God that surpasses all understanding keep your hearts and minds in Christ. I only knew Dr. Stasny for a short period of time, but it was a pleasure and privilege to work with her. Blessings and peace to you.