- Jean W. Cheek — 72, of Delhi died Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2010. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Delhi Presbyterian Church. Burial will follow in Faith Memorial Park Cemetery, south of Delhi. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 this evening at Cox Funeral Home in Delhi.
- Vernon Kenneth Daniels — 82, died Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2010. Services will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home, with the Rev. Eric Hankins and Dr. Robert Allen officiating. Burial will follow in Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be prior to the service from noon until 2 at the funeral home.
- Jearlene Frison-Gordon — 62, died Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2010. Services will be held at noon Saturday at the Clear Creek M.B. Church on Highway 6 West. Burial will follow in the Greater St. Johns Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 1 to 7 this evening, with family present from 5 to 7, at the Serenity-Martin Funeral Home Chapel in Oxford.
- Gladys Louise Pannell Graham — 84, died Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2010. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Union Prospect M.B. Church in Blue Mountain. Burial will follow in Union Prospect Cemetery. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 this evening at the church. Kenneth I. Roberson Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
- William Harvey Johnson — 86, died at Berkshire Manor in Miami. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Wells Funeral Home Chapel in Batesville. Burial with full military honors will follow at Chapel Hill Cemetery in Pope. Visitation will be Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home.
- Wendy Lee Evans Pritchard — 37, died Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2010. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in the Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Visitation will be held two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Rose Elizabeth Ramage — infant daughter of Robert Ramage and Carolynn Batt, died Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2010. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday in the Coleman Funeral Home Chapel. Burial will follow in Babyland in the Garden of Memories located at the funeral home. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the funeral home.
- Jesse Glyn Weeks — 84, died on Thursday, Oct. 28, 2010, at the Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley.
Born in Tillatoba, he was a graduate of Water Valley High School and was an outstanding athlete for the football, basketball and track teams, where he was affectionately known as “Puppy Dog.” From 1944 through 1946, he served as a first class seaman in the U.S. Navy. He was stationed on the USS Ticonderoga in the Pacific Arena during World War II. He was honorably discharged in 1946 Glyn was an avid reader, a devout Ole Miss fan, and a dedicated Sunday School teacher. He was a staunch supporter of the Biblical Research Society. He also loved fishing and gardening. After retiring as a power dispatcher for the Tennessee Valley Authority, he and his wife returned home to Water Valley. He was a member of First Baptist Church.
A graveside funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Oak Hill Cemetery in Water Valley, with Dr. Randy Bain officiating. Seven Oaks Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 54 years, Callie Mae Mills Weeks “Kay” of Water Valley; two sons, Dr. Barry L. Weeks of Water Valley and Timothy G. Weeks of Nashville, Tenn.; and two grandchildren.
Memorials be made to the First Baptist Church of Water Valley. (October 29, 2010, Page 2A)