- Dorothy Murphrey Jones — 86, died Wednesday, June 30, 2010. A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter’s Cemetery. Waller Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Alan B. Locke — 79, died Wednesday at his home near Oxford. Arrangements are incomplete with Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford.
- Dr. Charles Denton O’Dell — 73, died Tuesday, June 29, 2010. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the Lavonia Presbyterian Church in Lavonia. A reception will follow at the Lavonia United Methodist Church fellowship hall across the street. A celebration of his life is planned for 2 p.m. July 10 at Camp Hopewell near Oxford, with a reception to follow. A memorial service is also planned for 4 p.m. July 14 at the Estatoah Wayfarers Chapel in Dillard, Ga. Strickland Funeral Home, Lavonia Chapel, is in charge of arrangements.
- Dorothy Louise Russell — 74, died Wednesday, June 30, 2010. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home. Burial will follow in Clear Creek Cemetery. Visitation will be Thursday from 5 until 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
- Samuel Eugene “Sam” Turner — Sr., 64, died Wednesday, June 30, 2010. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home, with the Rev. Ken White officiating. Burial will follow in Kingdom Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 5 until 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
Tuesday, November 25, 2014