Thursday, August 21, 2014

Father, daughter succumb to brain injuries

A father and daughter involved in an all-terrain vehicle wreck earlier this week have died.
Kenneth Galmore, 39, and his daughter, Daija, 12, were visiting cousins on County Road 309 when they decided to take an ATV out for a spin, according to family members. Who was driving the ATV when it crashed head-on into a tree is unknown.

Galmore was unresponsive when paramedics arrived although Daija had some consciousness. Both suffered brain injuries. The two were taking to Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi and then quickly flown out by medical helicopters. Galmore was taken to The Med in Memphis and Daija was taken to Le Boehner’s children’s hospital, also in Memphis. The father and daughter were placed on life support.

Kenneth Galmore’s funeral has been set for 10:30 a.m. Saturday at New Hope Missionary Baptist Church in Batesville, with burial following in New Hope Cemetery. Serenity-Martin Funeral Home of Oxford is in charge of arrangements.

(March 11, 2010, Page 1A)

48 Responses to “Father, daughter succumb to brain injuries”

1. KaMyia LeFlore says:

2. KaMyia LeFlore says:

My mother and I will continue to raise Kayla and Kentrell and look after Jen. Love Always the LeFlore’s.

3. Dominique says:

Rest In Peace Daija…I Love Yhu So Much!

4. daja folds says:

i cant belive my friend is gone but she’s in a better place now!!!

5. Renee Ellis says:

God has called two more Angels to come on home to sit by his side. When I called my best friend Arlene just to say hello and to see how the kids were doing, I had no clue that they were going through such a tragdey. My family will continue to pray your family in your time of need.

6. so sad says:

daija i didnt know you or your father but it was so sad to find out that you had passed.you have alot of real friends at mores that cryed for you and will not let you be forgetting.but now they are tryin to stay strong for you.you were turely loved at mores and will still be

7. Kiera Nettles says:

MAn R.I.p lil suster Daija I really miss yhu alot. Im cryin right now after I seen this. I cant wait to see yhu again. Sincerly your big suster Kiera

8. daja folds says:

I still cant belive your gone… but i cant wait to see your daija i miss ya lots -daja!

9. Savannah B says:

I luv you and miss you so much. Just looking at the pictures of you made me cry. One thing i dont understand is why did you have to go so fast and early. You will never believe how dreary and sad every one is because of your death. R.I.P LIL SIS ~Prayers goes to the Galmore family~

10. Lydia && Kaiola. says:

We Love You Daija && Alway’s Will. We Will Never Ever Forget You. ~~Blessing’s To The Galmore Family.~~

11. Traveria says:

Daija i miss you so much and when I went to your wake today I was so sad to see you and I really didn’t believe you were gone until I saw you body in the casket and I love you so much and can’t believe you are gone! heaven is you new home and God was reaching down to get his angel and why God just why Daija?

12. DAIJA EVERY ONE WELL MISS YOU AND WELL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU EVEN THO ME AND MY FAMILY DIDNT NO YOU VERY WELL I WILL MISS YOU AND ALLWAYS KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS….YOU WERE A VEREY GOOD FACEBOOK FRIEND….FROM ROBYN BESTFRIEND KWANTAZHA HOLLOWAY {{R.I.P DAIJA & YOUR DAD}}

13. robyn says:

daija we miss u so much n we luv u…….we wil never 4get u….u will alwayz b n our hearts….i was so shockd wen i heard that happpened 2 u…..i didnt knw wat 2 say so i just startd cryn…….daija ur alwayz gnna b mi lil cuzn…no matter wat happens……1 day i will have 2 except the fact that ur gne n a better place….march 7th 2010..i will never 4get that……((R.I.P DAIJA GALMORE))gne but never 4gotten..

14. Diamond G says:

i miss u sooo much n we all no that its goin to be hard without you both but all we have to do is prey n know that you are here hugs n kisses Diamond

15. so sad miss her much luv u daija

16. danqwan boyd says:

ME NDD KENTESSA MISS U SOO MUCH DAIJA SO SAD TOO EARLY FOR U TO LEAVE ……ALWAYS NDD FOREVER MISSED NDD N OUR HEARTS ~DAIJA GALMORE~

17. dear people
      i luv u and miss u daija u was so very crackin and all these haters just want 2be lik you!!!
      luv u always
      alicia
      ps u will never be 4gotten!!!

18. marisol says:

i will always miss you daija galmore
      and u are always missed but nevafogotten
      AND ALWAYS LOVE

19. Amber McClellan says:

daija i couldnt believe it when i heard what happened it was 2 sad wen i went 2 ur wait i was surprised it was lyke i couldnt cry anymore because i couldnt believe it was u……but anywase i will always miss and love u so so so so so so much love ya daija see ya soon!!!!!!!
      !~MISSIN DAIJA GALMORE~!

20. i9m gonna miss u lil sis i will always love u until we meet again love alaways your freind and bestie Valangel Stinson

R.I.P DAIJA GALMORE AND KENNETH

21. Johanna Rodriguez says:

Wow its been so hard to accept the fact that u left us Daija..WE miss u so much All of us at Mor-house miss you. Everyone misses you twanging at skool its not da same wit out you… :’(
      ~Blessings to da Galmore Fam~

22. Heidy says:

Daija i miss you soo much. It was such a sad morning wen we found out you were gone. everyone crying but always remember you are in our hearts. Gone but never forgotten. We luv you!!

23. michelle says:

i luv u and i will never 4 get u… u will always b in my heart… gone but never 4 gotten =( u will b missed by lots

24. MS>Carter says:

DAIJA WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN SHE IS STILL IN OUR HEARTS AND SOULS I WILL BE UP THERE SOON YOU WAS SENT FROM HEAVEN AND GOD WANTS YOU TO BE HELD AND HIS ARMS I LVU YOU

25. alexis says:

daija u and your family will alwayz be in my prayerz and even doe u mite not knw me or met me i just found out that you were my cousin and dnt give up on us daija i will see u someday until we meet again so now u are in a better place safe and sound so i wanna say i luv yall {tearz} may GOD BLESS TO ALL

26. JOHNISHA says:

I MISS U DAIJA I WILL ALWAYZ HAVE U AND YOUR FAMILY IN MY PRAYERZ AND I JUST WANT TO SAY 2 DAT I LUV YALL AND DAT U ARE IN A BETTER PKACE SO DAIJA I HOPE WE MEET AGAIN WEN I GET THERE SO I JUST WANNA SAY SEE U SOON {tearz}

27. TIFFANY says:

WE WILL ALWAYZ MIZZ U DAIJA GLAMORE U WILL ALWAYZ BE MY LIL CUZIN NO MATTER WAT SO I JUAT WANT TO SAY DHAT I LUV U AND WE WILL MEET AGAIN SO LUV YALL AND YALL WILL ALWAYZ BE IN MY PRAYERZ

28. kaiola galmore says:

daija i will misss you and daddy and i know you will be safe in his arms and he will take care of u for the rest of my life and i cant believe that u and daddy have gone and left us we will miss u dearly and i just have to try and realise that theres nothing i can do to bring u back and i will miss u forever and ever love kaiola aka your lil sister

29. Ondria says:

We miss u Daija…

30. brie williams says:

ONGEH NO I CANT REALLY IMAGINE WATH YOUR FAMILY IS GOING THRU ND EVERYONE A MORSE MISSES ME ND LOVE U ALOT..!!!(TEARZ);(

31. shaquarie says:

OMG! Mane We miss Daija whn i first heard abou u i was almost wit tearz ths girl is cute and y would thz hade 2 happen 2 her if she stll was out here in thz world stll ur woulda been happy+sad

32. Lydia & Kaiola says:

We rlly do miss u & thhiink about yhuu everydayy<33

33. daija i cant believe you gone man its not the same like ill think about it everybodii people tell me to get over it but i cant man when you was here i like wasnt in to all the playin games but now that you gone i wanna do cheerleadin all that cause ik you’ll be happy im doin all of it for you i miss you and love you daija……..

LOVE YO LIL SIS DEANGELA

34. Daija like i really cant believe still like wen i first found out i hold it in and didnt say nothin just stayed in my bed tryin not to cry and just no its not true but when it start getin around thats when theycame up to me and said do you no yo bextfriend aka big sister died i said no she didnt i was just on the phone with her like when she was on her way up there and she let me see the texts i went in my granny house and start cryin didnt go back out side like i can see yo smile and hear you laughin and playin around thats what made me cry real bad people called me asked me whats wrong and i didnt tell them like i hold it all in and one day ima come to yo grave and just talk to you and try not to cry ik you dont want me to but it hurt to no somebodiii i could trust and tell stuff to is like gone and if i had a wish it will to bring you and your dad back so nobodiii will hurt nomore like as im makin this im like hearin you and yor laugh and yo smile and see when we was playn takin pic’s all of it comin back in my head like nobodiii can hurt how i hurt cause i lose somebodii wo i really trust’s i call my sister and boo so …..

R,I,P, DAIJA AKA DADA

35. I MISS U DAIJA GOD TAKE WHAT ALL I HAD BUT YOUR IN A BETTER PLACE NOW!!!!!!!! I LOVE U

36. Unknown Sad Girl says:

37. Well well says:

Daija I never knew you. But I do know that you are loved today a lot of people cried like crazy. In classes, on the buses, everywhere. everyone misses you and your story is to sad how you and your dad died but your together in heaven right. ~R.I.P. Daija galmore~ I was “Lost For Words” when I heard of the two of u leaving this world soo soon, Ken u left behind children that love u more than life itself,and Jennifer’s HEART is very Heavy, because u were her everything! Daiji, Kayla and Kentrell Miss u Much. Rest in Peace. On another note Ken I would like you to know u were the BEST handyman money could buy. No matter how much my mom and I fussed at u, u always blocked out what we had to say, nd stayed RESPECTFUL only if we could have fussed at u the day this tragic accident happened. My your heart be with God, while memories of the two of u remain here with us.

38. Shemarrah says:

MISSIN YU DEARLY CUZO LOVE ALWAYS N FOREVER YU WILL ALWAYS B WITH MEH NO MATTER WAT LOVIN ND MISSIN YU BOO
      (LOOK DOWN ON US LYKE GOD LOOKED DOWN ON YU UNTIL HE CALLED YU HOME WITH OPEN ARMS)

39. R'Shalay says:

Umm.. I Will like to say that., All of us miss you so muchh! Even though I never really talked too you.! You were something special to everybody! We all love you & your dad very, very , muchhh! Yall are in a better place.! Like drake said #Not everybody lives… God just thought it was yall time to go.! I will pray for yall for now on.! Never would I forget about yall :)

40. Jenna says:

Dang, Happy 13th birthday Daija boo.
      Its sad that we cant see you blow out your birthday cake caandles, see you smile, or hear your voice. But you LIVE in our hearts. Love you

_RIP

41. i cant belive that she gone kida told me about her i wish she was my sister i would go to her grave ever day. put that on my life that i love her with my life.<33333333

42. adonica says:

Daija I hope u no that everyone love you. Just no that every one in your family was at your frunal trust me I never see you but I no that you are in my heart. Mor-house school.

43. Tiffanie McAllister says:

I stumbled upon this tregedy by being on facebook, i just know someone who knows someone, but by knowing this i shall send a prayer to them as well, God Bless You all
      !

44. Deondra! :( says:

Omg iCant beleive you are gone Daija!! i Miss you so much! And it makes me really mad at myself for argueing before your death!! Love You and Miss You So Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. Bella. says:

Lil’Sister ; DAIJAAAAAAAAAA. . . I Miss You So Much , Last’Year On March 7th You Were Remember. . . Butler Was Full Of People Some YOU Knew And Some You Didnt Know. I Was Juss Stopping By To Tell YOUU , We Celebrating EveryYEARR For YOUUU. Butler , StateFair , #Everything I love YOUUU Liddo’Mommaa!

46. UnspokenName says:

Daija its been almost 2 years… I… never even got a chance to meet you… and now I never will… I cant say I miss you, because I never really knew you and… just know when I think of you, my chest tightens…

-Love-
      -RIP-

47. Imani Bates says:

Daija , GIRLLL. I misss You So Muchhh. Member When We’d Have All The LIttle Talks With my mom? Those Dayss Were So Funny. Rember All The Wayy Back In Third Gradeee ? It WASSS FUNN But Sabrinaa Was Conivingg. Anywaysss, I WOLL ALWAYSS REMBER x LOVE YOU.

p.s Rember When I Fell Down The Stairs, Girl You Was Laughinggg So Hardddd. And Remember Dr. Phil Good? lol (: I LOVE YUU BABBBY GIRL <3

48. dave says: